Friday, September 26, 2014

Labor Devotional

     As I was enduring my 34 hour labor...I had the WONDERFUL support of my doula. She is a godly lady who offered tons of god-fearing advice and comfort throughout my experience.
   
     When my labor began...it was much like my pregnancy journey. Easy. Light-hearted. No concern. But then, when I realized it wasn't going to be smooth sailing, I began to be very discouraged, frustrated, upset, and angry. I thought to myself, "God, WHY can't you let me do ANYTHING my way? NOTHING I plan EVER works out!!! Can't you just give me THIS?!?!?!"
   
     Eventually my doula picked up on my frustration. She prayed and sought God on my behalf, and was led to her daily devotional, where she found this:


     SUCH a timely word...and specifically for ME! Yet again...my God always comes through, in my hardest moments, He reassures me that He is there and that HE CARES!!! Also...that I need to let go of my controlling ways and let Him handle things from now on. Easier said than done, but here's to attempting that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment