Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Letter to My Princess

Dear Elsirae,
   
       Hello, my princess! It will SURELY be a while before you get to read this letter, but there are so many things I want to say to you before you enter this world. Right now you are cozy and comfy in Mommy's belly. Well, things are probably getting a little less comfy because we are quickly approaching your birthday! I can't wait to see your sweet face and see who you got your looks from! For now...you look like this:

     
      Baby, Mommy and Daddy prayed for a long time before we were blessed with you. In fact, we weren't sure if we would ever get to be called "Mommy" and "Daddy". We were SO very excited when we found out you were being sent to us from Heaven! You are a VERY special little girl, and we KNOW that God had a very specific purpose in mind when He sent you to us. We can't wait to see what that plan is.

      I want you to know that this is not a perfect world. Truthfully, it gets less perfect and more corrupt each day. That fact alone, terrifies me for you. The selfish part of me wanted you so bad, that I didn't think of all that you would have to endure just by living in this world of ours. But, God knew, and He still sent you to us...which tells me that He plans to use you mightily.

      When your Daddy and I were undergoing the procedure that returned you to us, we prayed that you would be a fighter. That you would be strong, and that God would keep you. You are a fighter, Elsirae. The odds were not stacked in your favor, yet here we are. As I sit on the couch tonight writing to you, I can feel you jumping all around in my belly, and I'm just reminded of the little fighter you are going to be.

     Just remember to fight for the right things, Baby Girl. Remember to fight for those things that God lays on your heart. Battles are not fun. Wars are not easily won. Choose yours wisely, because all good fighters know when to fight, and when to take cover. The good news is, when we must take cover, our God fights for us. Never forget that, my little fighter.

     Your name was chosen for a reason. Daddy and I thought long and hard about it. We wanted your name to have a meaning that would define you, and contribute to your character. "Elsi" means, "God is my promise." That is so true to us, Baby Girl, and true to you. He has been our rock and our strength as we waited on you. He will be your rock and your strength for your entire life, if you let Him.

      I pray that you continue to be a fighter. I pray that you continue to have a mind of your own, and that it will allow you to follow the One, True, God rather than the crowd around you. I pray that Jesus comes in your heart very soon, and stays there forever. I hope you grow closer to Him each day of your beautiful life. I pray that your life will bless the lives of others. That you will be compassionate, caring, loving, honest, and dedicated in all that you endeavor. I pray that you love passionately and deeply and that one day, you find a man who will love you the same. I pray that, that man, will be the man God has already designed for you, and that you find each other while you are both seeking the face of God.
   
     Most of all, I pray that we are together forever. That the small time that we were seperated will be the last time we are seperated for all of eternity. Heaven will be a beautiful place, my Darling..and even though I know you remember it now, it will slowly drift away from your memories as you enter this world. Cling tight to those Heavenly thoughts, my Princess. Don't let anyone tell you they aren't a reality. One day, we will all be together up there and you will know what you have always known...the love of our wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ that is more beautiful and REAL than anything else.

      Daddy and I love you, Elsirae Hudson. Sooooooo very much! Never forget that! If you ever doubt it, just read our story...your story. It's in the first chapter of the first book of Samuel. Let old Hannah tell you, how very speical and loved YOU are...



XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
<3 Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment