Monday, April 14, 2014

The News is OUT!

   Well folks, we did it! We found out!!! Saturday morning we got up early and went to the Ultrasound Studio. Kev made his guess, and I made mine. We made a bet that the loser would have to give the winner a back rub...I lost. :'(
   
    We kept the secret safely sealed within the contents of this folder for the next 24 hours. We then called the baker to let her know what color to make the cake-pops for the Gender-Reveal Dinner with our families.


    Finally, Sunday night arrived and we showed up wearing the colors we had guessed...to play with everyone's minds. ;) No one believed I could keep the secret for 24 hours...but I DID!!! Here are some pictures from our dinner:



All of our family memebers got their own "pop" to bite into to reveal the gender!

   Well there you have it. Baby B is a little girl. Sugar and spice, and everything nice...at least that's what we hope. Her name will be Elsirae Hudson Boatwright. We thought and thought about the name. Truthfully, we had only boy names picked out. We were so certain that's what we were having. But AS USUAL God has a much better plan in mind. Elsirae means God is a promise. It's so fitting for our little miracle-girl because she is a fulfillment of God's promise to us.
 
   We are so excited to meet our little lady, but I'm not going to lie, I'm enjoying the slow progress. I'm still enjoying the fact that "Mommy" gets to be the sole source of love for this little Munchkin for the next 24 weeks. It's selfish, I know...but for a while I get to keep her all to myself. And that makes me smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment