Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day!

   Today was the first snow day we've had in a looooong time. Something like 3 years, I think. Our new house is coming right along and it looked SO BEAUTIFUL in the snow!




         When I woke up to a Winter Wonderland, I also woke up to the cutest morning gummy-grin from my precious neice, Addi V! Her poor mommy didn't get a snow day. :( So, I grabbed a blanket and that precious little darling and we walked upstairs to go tell Uncle Kev about the beautiful white stuff. Uncle Kev wasn't excited about it, so we just decided to be lazy for a while. Addi V and Uncle Kev fell back asleep, and this is what I saw:




      Of course this got me all teary-eyed and emotional. As sweet as he is with her, I can't wait to see how he will be with our child. This is definitely a view I look forward to seeing...one I didn't know if I would ever get to see. For that reason, it made this moment all the more special.

       Eventually, we decided it was time to get dressed and check out that cold white stuff that was everywhere. So, we bundled up, and braved to cold to let Addi V experience her first snow. She wasn't impressed.



       We got a visit from Aunt Meg, (who wanted a tour of my house) so we walked across the street and showed her the progress so far. Of course, one of the rooms has pink and blue splotched on it, so WE TOLD HER! She was so excited for us. 
      
      Megan has been a major part of my support system too. My prayer buddy. She's laughed and cried with me. She's empathically listened to my pain and struggles, and was so thrilled to get to experience my joy. I can't wait to tell the rest of the family. Valentine's Day maybe? We shall see...

     We had a wonderful Snow Day, but I'm glad it only comes every few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment