Monday, January 20, 2014

Nine Days Later

Today was day 9. I remember waking up, ready to head to the doctor’s office for my blood work thinking, “I don’t have a good feeling about this; same song, different verse.” I had to wait several hours before they would call with the results. I busied myself with a lunch date with my “Beach Crew” (who by the way have been with me in this process). My best friend, Casey had made us Chili! As we sat at her table eating, my phone rang. I walked away from the table into one of her guest bedrooms and answered, waiting to hear disappointing news...

"Hello?"

“Halley, you got a minute?”

“Sure.”

“Sorry to keep you waiting, I’m looking at your numbers and…I’m doing cartwheels!”

“Ok? Ummmm...what does that mean???”

“It means you’re pregnant!”


This is the first picture of my Little Munchkin when he/she finally made his/her way back to me. I carried this picture with me...staring and wondering for 9 days! How neat that this is technically our first pic together!

 
I was shocked; utterly and completely. In this 5+ year journey, I have YET to receive good news, exciting news. Of course the water-works began. I was a hot mess. I immediately called Kevin who was so excited and wanted to begin telling everyone. We decided to talk about it later, but my first thought was “NO!” Then, I realized, here I am sobbing and all my girls are out there waiting at the table for me…great.

I returned to my seat…all eyes on my very-wet, very-tear-stained face. Casey tried her hardest to divert their attention, to no avail. So, I did it. I told them what had happened. There was a HUGE eruption of screaming, shouting, crying, and group hugs. It was perfect. Then, Casey and I began plotting the big reveals to the family.

       Mom, Leah, and Casi, (two of my sisters) already knew so there were just a few I needed to scheme for. They happened like this:

       First, Kev and I told the Boatwrights. Originally, it was just going to be his parents and my parents, but that didn't work out. As usual, when I plan things, God plans them better. This is what happend..





       Next, we told my sister Cierra and her husband Sean. Cierra just had a baby in July, so she has the book What to Expect When You're Expecting (which I just so happen to need). Now, Cierra's little girl is nearly 6 months old and, Cierra being the frugal mother that she is, has not yet purchased What to Expect the First Year. So, I bought it for her in hopes that when I asked for a "trade" she would get it...

Finally, we got to tell my dad. When my dad found out that Cierra was pregnant with Addison, giving him his first granchild, he made this beautiful cradle. He told Cierra and Sean it was their job to pass it along when the time came, so they did and we thought it would be the perfect way to announce it to dad...but he didn't really get it. Here's how it went:



As I sit here tonight pondering the day’s events, I realize today could very possibly be the happiest day of my life.  The day I’ve dreamed about for the past 5 years.  The day I found out I am carrying Kevin’s child! I am so thankful. I am so FULL of thanks!  I know this is God’s plan, and I am so glad that He is the one directing EVERY step and aspect of my life!

Sure, some people may think of my baby as a “test tube” baby. They may think of him/her as man-made. But I know the truth. God breathed life into that little embryo, just the same as if the process was natural. If He had chosen not to, I would not be writing this today.

The day our miracle is due is September 29, 2014, which just so happens to be the DAY between Kevin’s birthday (9/28) and my birthday (9/30). My God is the PERFECT planner. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the pieces of my story fall into place!!!


Now, I not only know Hannah’s pain, Hannah’s sorrow; I know her JOY! Hannah: meaning full of grace, or favor. That’s me, I have become Hannah. Full of grace and favor, thanks to The One who wrote my story before I was ever conceived in thought or form!

No comments:

Post a Comment