Saturday, January 25, 2014

Proverbs 20:6 (NLT)

"Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?" -Proverbs 20:6

     When I read this verse, my teacher brain immediately imagined a little first grader jumping up out of their seat, (hand stretched to its limit) shouting, "Me! Me! Oooooooo! Pick me!!!" Probably because I CAN think of a friend who is truly reliable...several actually. God has blessed me with a circle of friends that only He could've put together. Each and every one is so special to me. All of them have blessed me in different ways throughout the struggle of my "baby hunger." I love that I can count on them to laugh and cry with me.

    There is one friend who has been my absolute rock...my twin. My "Twinks". Casey Carlson was sent to me without any doubt in my mind to hold my hand and keep me strong through the hardest journey of my life. She has laughed with me, cryed with me, held me, encouraged me, corrected me, taught me, and been there for anything I have needed.

    Today, I went to visit her to learn how to become a "blogger". When I walked in, she handed me a yellow bag. Inside was the sweetest reminder of the miracle that is now my constant companion.





I am so grateful to Casey for being my "Jimminey Cricket", and helping me keep the focus. May I never forget the journey and the lessons I've learned because of it. May I never take for granted the friendships God has sent my way to carry me through the dark and light times of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment