Sunday, December 14, 2014

Full Circle

     Today is the day, Ol' Hannah and I come full circle...the day I give my baby back to the One who gave her to me. Back in 1 Samuel chapter 1 Hannah prayed for her son in her barrenness. God, remembered Hannah and granted her request. Hannah praised God for His faithfulness and vowed to give her son to the Lord all the days of his life. 

     Well, Hannah and I have come a long way. I too have been granted a child in my barrenness. I too have given praise to Him for his faithfulness to me. I too will vow to give my child to Him all the days of her life.

     My prayer is the same as Hannah's: "I asked the Lord to give me this child, and He has granted my request. Now I am giving [her] to the Lord, and [she] will belong to the Lord [her] whole life." 1 Samuel 1: 27-28

     My family was a huge part of the dedication ceremony. My Daddy prayed the prayer of blessing over her (which is very biblically significant), and my Mom sang the song she sang at my dedication ceremony; Sandi Patty's: Masterpiece.

    It was a very special ceremony for my VERY special girl. God has BIG plans for her. Because of that, I know the devil has a HUGE bullseye on her back (I can already tell he has tried destroying her, by how difficult it was to get her here). 

    But God made my little princess a fighter. She proves that to be true more and more each day. I know He will mold her into the mighty warrior she needs to be to fulfill her purpose and defeat the enemy. I pray Kevin and I are the parents we need to be to strengthen her fighting spirit and channel it for God's glory!
























 Joshua 24:15 "...but as for me and MY house, WE WILL serve The LORD."



No comments:

Post a Comment