Monday, July 7, 2014

It's CRUNCH Time!

     Yea, Yea...technically I still have 3 months to go, BUT I'm a planner. I like to plan. I like to be prepared. This part of my personality drives my husband CRAZY...probably because all my "plans" are for him to do various chores for me. What can I say...I have the vision, and no skill. Lucky for me my talented hubby has a knack for interpreting my vision and making them a reality. For this (and many other things) I am thankful...he not so much.

     Anyway, it's July and TODAY is the day that I begin the LAST trimester of this pregnancy!!! I can't believe it! The first trimester went by so fast! The second one slowed down a great deal. I imagine this last trimester will d-r-a-g...kind of like my body these days. Kevin has always told me how slow I am about doing anything. Well, he now jokes that this pregnancy has made me EVEN slower...poor guy. It's no joke though. Everything takes more time and effort these days.

    Our little lady has been quite a bit more active lately. It feels so weird when she starts going crazy in the-balloon-that-is-my-belly; especially when she decides to drag a fist or foot across my swollen mid-section! It feels like there's an alien in there about to bust out. I made Kev feel it one night...it freaked him out. Poor guy, he's not into this pregnancy stuff any more than I am.

     I always thought I would be one of those women who thinks pregnancy is a "magical" and "euphoric" time; especially considering all I went through to experience it. Well, I mis-judged myself. I'm not a fan. Not that I haven't enjoyed nurturing my sweet girl for the past 7 months. I really enjoy feeling her move, just because it's SUCH a reality check. But I am NOT enjoying the fat-feeling I get every time I look in the mirror. True, most of the weight I've gained has been pure baby, but I just am not one of those girls who looks at my belly and thinks "oh, how sweet/cute/precious". I'm one of those who is just ready to hold my sweet baby in my arms rather than my belly. Oh well...we've got a waaaays to go!

     But, I digress. Back to the planner in me...it's JULY and I've vowed to myself to finally work on my baby girl's room. (Up to this point...not a thought. Granted I have been SWAMPED with wedding festivities and summer vacations). So, when Kev and I returned from our anniversary trip, we got started.

     We decided to leave the room the original color (since we just moved in and it was JUST painted) and instead paint only an accent wall. Where does the modern-girl turn for inspiration? Pinterest, of course! I started digging for inspiration and found this:


      When I finally convinced Kev to go paint it for me, I was so very pleased with how it turned out! Here are some photos of Daddy working on Elsirae's accent wall:



      On top of being a planner, I am also a shopper...a thrifty shopper. I like to find good deals. Truthfully, I like to find GREAT deals. I was bound and determined NOT to pay an outrageous amount for furniture that my child will only use for a few years. So, I called up my mom and my sister Leah and we went thrift store shopping. Yes, you read correctly. Thrift. Stores. We found some really great treasures, including this beautiful little blue chest:


      I also snagged this adorable vanity, and wardrobe. Kevin and Uncle Griff gave both pieces a fresh coat of paint and they look like new!



      Gigi and Boots wanted to contribute to the madness so they bought our princess her crib, and Aunt Leah helped me put it together (while Daddy was out playing with dirt bikes)! It turned out beautifully!


     I found the glider at Babies-R-Us on SALE! I had to get it, because I was really determined to get a glider that looked like a normal chair so that it could be moved around the house as needed when I no longer have a nursery. This particular glider was way cheaper than the ones I was planning to splurge on.


    All-in-all I think it's coming together nicely! Now, we're just waiting on the bedding (which should be delivered any day now), and Aunt Lauran to sew us some curtains to match! I'll be so relieved when it's done because, I want to be prepared just in case the princess decides to grace us with her presence earlier than expected. We shall see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment