Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy V-day!


     Today is Valentine's Day! One of my FAVORITE days of the year. Sure, it's cliché and cliché days aren't special days, but my Valentine's Days have been special since February 14 of 2007 because that was the first time I officially spent it with my FOREVER VALENTINE!

Our first official V-day together.
Just a few short days before our engagement! We were 19 & 21!
Our last Valentine's Day together as a family of 2!
Last year, 2-14-13!

   Seven years later, here we are celebrating our love again, but this time in a WHOLE new way! I get giddy every time I think about the little miracle I carry within my womb. I'm giddy because I know what a miracle he/she is, and I'm giddy because I get to carry Kevin with me wherever I go for the next 9 months.

    Valentine's Day may change for us in appearance...but it will NEVER change in our attitudes or hearts! I can't wait to meet our little "Love Muffin" and share that love with him/her. Wonder who he/she will look like??? Daddy (on the left) or Mommy (on the right)?



    Kevin always does such a good job making me feel loved on Valentine's Day. He showers me with sweet little gifts, not extravagant ones, but the ones that remind me how adored I am. My favorite is always the card. He writes such sweet little notes in them that I will cherish forever. Here are my treats from today...





   Of course...the best treat he gave me this year, was the honor of being the mother of his first child! BEST GIFT EVER!!!

   My man got his "sweet genes" honestly. The Boatwrights sure know how to make Valentine's Day special. Each year, my father-in-law makes his "girls" chocolate-covered strawberries accompanied by a super sweet message. This year was no different EXCEPT, I got a few extra treats...for the little miracle who is now my constant companion. :)




These two books are the absolute most precious children's books I have ever read! They are my favorites!!!


   To say I had an amazing Valentine's Day would be an understatement, so...I'll just stuffice it to say, words fail to express how very special this day has been. My love for John Kevin Boatwright always seems so overwhelming that I'm sure it can never be more than it is in whatever moment I get to share with him. Of course, I should know better by now because each and every moment I spend with him, that love gets deeper, stronger, more pure, more extravagant. I'm sure it will be the same with our child. 

Here a few pics from our date tonight:








   On this day last year, I said goodbye to my precious Nana. The greatest prayer warrior I've ever known went home to be with her Savior and her Forever Valentine. How appropriate that we get to celebrate her memory one year later with the announcement of a brand-new life! I love you, Nana! I hope you and Pa are smiling down on us on this very special day, and you can send a little extra love to our growing raspberry so that he/she will get to know a piece of you, even if in the smallest way!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
7 weeks and 5 days today!
This raspberry is the size of our miracle this week!






2 comments:

  1. This post warms my heart! What a precious little miracle that is already so loved its outrageous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that book, On The Night You Were Born. I would read it aloud at night after the hubs was in bed. I would crawl in the nursery, shut the door, and read quietly. Tears pouring down my face, so full of emotion. What a wonderful time. God is so good, and his timing and imagination are so perfect! Enjoy this time! It only gets better!

    ReplyDelete